2/3 cup sultanas
100g coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
½ cup almond / coconut milk
2 cup wholemeal flour
10 Nourishing Bubs Carrot Blocks, defrosted (or 1 cup carrot puree)
1/2 cup grated carrot
½ tsp all spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
125g Cream Cheese
1/3 - 1/2 cup Maple Syrup (depending on desired sweetness)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole baking tray tin with muffin cases (you may need 6 extra).
- Combine oil, maple syrup, vanilla, sweet potato, eggs, carrot puree, grated carrot and almond milk in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, all spice, cinnamon, salt and baking powder and mix to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stir in sultanas until well distributed throughout mixture.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pans, filling ¾ way up. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and when tested with a skewer it comes out clean.
- While cupcakes are cooking, prepare the frosting by combine cream cheese, maple syrup and maple syrup. Beat with electric mixture for 3-4 minutes. Adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Once cupcakes are ready, remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Spread generously with frosting and top with cake toppers if you desire. We made little carrots out of fondant for Easter! Enjoy.
NB: Unfrosted cupcakes can also be stored in the freezer for 3 months.