1 cup spelt wholemeal flour
½ cup quinoa flakes
1 tsp baking powder
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 x 300g bag defrosted Nourishing Bubs Pumpkin or Nourishing Bubs Sweet Potato blocks (alternatively use 1 cup pumpkin or sweet potato mash)
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp thyme
1 1/2 cups tightly packed spinach, finely shredded (optional)
½ red onion diced
1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Place 1 tbsp olive oil and red onion in small saucepan over medium heat and sauté for 3-5 minutes until softened. Set aside.
- Add onions, egg, pumpkin or sweet potato mash and any remaining ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Pour mixture into muffin moulds.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until just cooked through.
*NB: You may also like to add 1/2 cup diced and cooked bacon to increase the protein content of these yummy muffins.